Quick Spring Cleaning Tips For Allergy Sufferers
Try these suggestions from the Mayo Clinic to help reduce allergens in your home:
1. Wash sheets and blankets once a week in water heated to at least 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Use allergy-proof covers on mattresses, box springs, and pillows.
3. Vacuum carpets and furniture weekly with a vacuum cleaner equipped with a small-particle or HEPA filter.
4. Consider removing carpeting, especially where you sleep, if you're highly sensitive to dust mites.
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of American adds these tips:
1. To manage mold, use an air conditioner or dehumidifier to keep humidity in your home below 50 percent. Use kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans.
2. Bathe cats or dogs on a weekly basis and keep them off the furniture.